Protecting Your Privacy
Contents of Privacy Notice
- The personal data we collect
- Other data collected during payment
- What we do with the information we gather
- Links to other websites
- Controlling your personal information
On May 25th 2018 a new European directive concerning individuals' privacy and personal data comes into effect called GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation.
- Your rights relating to the information we hold about you
- How we keep your personal information safe
- The types of personal information we collect and use
- The legal basis we rely on to use your information
2. The personal data we collect
We collect the following information:
- Your name
- Your billing and contact information including email address, postal address, company name (if relevant) and phone number
- You may also add your company name to the billing and delivery address if relevant
3. Other data collected during payment
- When paying for your order you will necessarily input your credit card details in a secure payment gateway provided by 'ClearAccept' - the UK's largest, best known and trusted payment provider. Please note: We do not store or keep your credit card details. The payment transaction takes place on 'ClearAccept's secure servers.
- 'ClearAccept' also collect the IP address of the computer from which the order was made. This is for security reasons and to prevent online fraud. Please note: Gil-Lec Limited does not hold or keep this IP address.
4. What we do with the information we gather
We require this information in order to process your order, including taking payment and delivering the goods. We may also need to contact you should we need to discuss any aspect of your order, for example if an item is out of stock or if we believe you may have ordered incorrect items.
We do not use your data for marketing purposes and will only send you emails regarding offers and promotions if we have expressly asked your permission to do so. You are not automatically signed up to our mailing list at point of checkout.
We do not share your data or personal information with any other commercial organisation. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect and hold.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
7. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
8. Controlling your personal information
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. Please write to:
Unit 34 Chess Business Park
If you believe that any information, we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.